Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1st Radiation Treatment

Well, the first treatment came and went....literally in about 6 minutes. And picture this....3 grown daughters and her best friend all waiting in the waiting room for a 6 minute non-invasive procedure....now tell me she doesn't have a supportive family! lol 

Mom said they put a fitted "mask" over your face with some holes in it and that's about it. I know there are several types of radiation to I questioned the Dr. on the type that she is getting, it is Full Brain Radiation, just in case, so they don't miss any spots they may not have shown on the PET scan....I'm good with that!

So she will go back every day (no weekends) for 9 more treatments. 

We find out from the oncologist on Monday when her chemotherapy begins, which the Dr. said will most likely be Wednesday or so. 

I know this will take a toll on my mom and my family but we are all in this together. She has so many family members and friends that will be here through everything and I have no doubt about that.  And I know that she will try and be as strong and independent as she can be, but we will be there when needed. I am my mother, I look like her (even my daughter looks like her!), I act like her, I have learned everything from her, it's my turn to take care of her. 


I have sat on the computer every possible second that I have free to learn about this cancer, to search for ideas and remedies to help. And I want to thank everyone who has given me advice on treatment options to pass along to my mom.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment